SUARA SOUND ACADEMY
Sound Healing Courses, Workshops, Retreats
"At the Heart of Holistic Excellence"
SOUND MINDFULNESS FOR ME/CFS/FM RESEARCH STUDY
Hello and Welcome
My name is Debbi Walker and I am Founder and CEO of Suara Sound Academy. My background is in nursing and I have a 1st Class Honours Degree in Tissue Healing. In 2009 I was diagnosed with ME/CFS and it lead me to be retired early from the NHS. I no longer have ME/CFS and work full time teaching Tuning Fork Sound Therapy. My teachings and previous research studies have shown how many people from all walks of life have benefited from Sound Mindfulness using tuning forks. I embark on this tuning fork sound study using the vibration of the 528hz tuning fork for people with ME/CFS/FM with keen interest.
Thank you for your inquiry about the Self-funded research study by Suara Sound Academy - Sound Mindfulness for ME/CFS/FM. These questions will see if the study is suitable for your needs at this time. All information is confidential. Once accepted into the programme, by your participation you agree for results to be published. All anonymity will be maintained.
The study requires that you are willing to give 30 minutes daily to the Sound Mindfulness for your own health and well-being. You will be using a 528hz tuning fork and a mindfulness technique I have developed to identify and release what is going on in your body.
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being able to offer this time for yourself, where do you place yourself? Please mark with a X. You will be supported though the process (conditions apply).
Results may vary and please contact your Medical Practitioner as appropriate. This does not replace medical intervention.
Suara Sound Academy will assess your answers completed in the inclusion questionnaire and if the study is right for your needs at this time, a full assessment questionnaire will be sent to you before you start and then we reassess at 28 days. Data should be completed in a timely manner.
You will be provided with an pre assessment form called a Medical Outcome Study SF36 to complete which allows me to measure outcomes of the study and its effectiveness, a Still Point CD and a 528 tuning fork. If you already have one then please let me know. If you complete the study over the 28 days and send the post Study SF36 form then you will receive the tuning fork with my compliments. If you decide not to complete the study the tuning fork can be returned. Terms and conditions will be sent to you on how the study will be conducted, with notice of our commitment to you and your commitment to the study.
Look forward to receiving your completed form.
Please send to [email protected]
Debbi Walker BSc (Hons)
CRITERIA INCLUSION FORM – FEBRUARY 2016
Date of Birth:
1. How long have you had ME/CFS/FM?
1. Can you recall a trigger factor for when the ME/CFS/FM began? If so, please share here
1. Have you had a diagnosis of ME/CFS/FM? If so, who by and what service do you use?
1. Are you on any medication?
1. Do you have any other health conditions? If so what are they and for how long?
1. Do you belong to any support groups? If so, which one (s)
1. Do you work? If so, what do you do and how many hours?
1. What have you tried before to help the ME/CFS/FM? What works for you?
1. How does the ME/CFS/FM affect you? (Body, Mind, Spirit)
1. Do you know what triggers the ME/CFS/FM symptoms?
1. What do you do to help manage the symptoms of ME/CFS/FM?
1. Would you be prepared to commit to 30 mins a day to the research programme for a minimum of 28 days in the first instance (leading then onto 2 month assessment and 3 month assessment)? (IMPORTANT: Please think carefully if you are able to give daily commitment)
Thank you for taking the time to fill in the inclusion assessment form. Send to [email protected] by return please.